- Helmet Warnings
Children must remove helmets before climbing on playground equipment or trees, where a helmet can snag and choke them.
- What Shouldn't I Wear?
- Do not wear headphones while riding you bike. You need to hear what is going on around you.
- Don't wear clothing that is too loose. They may get caught in the workings of your bike.
- Don't wear inappropriate shoes.
- Don't wear dark clothing.
- Keep an eye out for road hazards.
| || |
- Watch for cars pulling out of intersections and driveways.
- Watch for chasing dogs.
Ignore them or try a firm "NO". If you can't get away dismount and try to keep the bike between yourself and the dog.
- When riding in the rain keep alert for slippery areas and make sure to allow extra distance for breaking.